One of the most captivating cities in the world, Chicago is the perfect place to celebrate Mom this year. From Sunday brunches free flowing with mimosas to dinner cruises on Lake Michigan and live stage shows, you’ll find exciting Mother’s Day events in Chicago. Here are a few ideas sure to bring you and Mom closer in the Windy City.
Mother’s Day Brunches
- Show Mom you love her with the Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch at the Brookfield Zoo, featuring cooked to order eggs and omelets, smoked salmon, a chef’s carving station, deserts and bubbly served at your table
- Indulge mom with a Mother’s Day Brunch at Terzo Piano in the Art Institute of Chicago, featuring a modern twist on classic foods. Then go experience the amazing art.
Restaurants That Rock On Mother’s Day
Chicago is foodie and town and the eateries of Chicagoland are plating up some creative cookery this Mother’s Day. Whether Mom craves strawberry waffles or crab legs paired with Champagne, here are our favorite restaurants for Mother’s Day Brunch in Chicago.
- ARTango Bistro – South American – 4217 N Ravenswood Ave.
- Balena – Italian Inspired Food – 1633 N. Halsted St.
- bellyQ – Korean BBQ – 1400 W Randolph St.
- Bin 36 – American – 161 N. Jefferson St.
- Bistronomic – French Bistro – 840 N. Wabash Ave.
- North Pond – Contemporary French – 2610 N. Cannon Dr.
- Sepia – Modern American – 123 N. Jefferson St.
- Shaw’s Crab House – Seafood/Suhsi – 21 E. Hubbard St.
- Vera Chicago – Spanish/Wine Bar – 1023 W. Lake St.
Mother’s Day Cruises on Lake Michigan
Enjoy a wonderful brunch or dinner on a Mother’s Day Cruise on the Spirit of Chicago. Set sail from Navy Pier and cruise along Lake Michigan with delicious buffets, DJ music, dancing, a complimentary mimosa or glass of champagne, and spectacular views of the Chicago skyline.
Mother’s Day Music
- Enjoy a 1970’s fashion show and rock out to the movie Mamma Mia, featuring hit songs by Abba at the Music Box Theatre.
- Experience the Broadway musical sensation, Book of Mormon, winner of 9 Tony Awards, with a Sunday show at Bank of America Theatre.
Mother’s Day Runs & Walks
Get into the spirit of Chicago, enjoy fresh air while raising money for cancer and burn off some calories before brunch.
- Walk or run with Mom for 5K or 10K Komen Chicagoland Race for the Cure, starting at at Butler Field at 8 a.m to help cure breast cancer.
- Join Friends For A Cure for the annual Mother’s Day Walk on Sunday, May 10th at 9:00 a.m. from St. Thecla’s School.
Chicago Hotels For Out of Town Moms
Whether Mom is coming in for a shopping weekend on the Magnificent Mile or dinner and a show, Chicago offers exceptional hotels – from historic boutiques to luxury high-rises. With comfortable rooms and views of Lake Michigan, Best Western Grant Park is a Michigan Avenue hotel in the heart of downtown attractions and restaurants. If mom wants to stay near the airport, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is an innovative hotel with chic, modern spaces, stylish rooms and suites and fantastic dining. Let mom live in the moment at Dana Hotel & Spa. This chic boutique hotel indulges your senses with luxury rooms, stunning decor with natural woods, a creative food scene and one of the top hotel spas in the world.